Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the Cigar lighter to power a poratble DVD player which keeps the kids quiet on long journeys - without it, they drive me insane in the car!!!

Ok, so the Cigar lighter doesn't work anymore. It did, but the plug on my DVD player fell apart in the lighter and "sparked" across the two connections. Since then, the cigar lighter has not worked. I changed the fuse, and I bought a new lighter fitting, but it still doesn't work. My phone charger, new DVD power supply, Sat Nav nor the lighter work in this socket.

Are there any other things that could be stopping the lighter from working?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the fuse wasn't the problem, the unit itself could be damaged. Was it the cigar lighter itself or one of the acc units. If your not a smoker I would suggest buying the acc unit, it's cheaper:nod:

·
Registered
862 Posts
If it wasnt the fuse then you will almost certainly need a replacement unit. Do as pug parts suggests should save you a couple of £££££

·
Registered
862 Posts
christopherpm said:
I have already tried a replacement unit - an original (not OEM) part, and it still doesn't work...

A cigar lighter is only a 12v supply and an earth,try checking the wiring,if as you say the fuse is ok and you tried a new unit it doesnt leave much else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts