Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems getting the boot on my 3 door '02 206 to lock using either the remote or the key. The problem is intermittent and getting it to lock usually requires at least one of the following:
1. Opening and closing the tailagte door several times
2. Opening the tailgate door and whilst open pushing the latch until it locks, then releasing it using the boot release on the tailgate door, then closing the door.
The other doors lock/unlock normally.
I have removed the plastic cover on the tailgate door exposing the electrical locking mechanism and checked it's operation (the linkage between the lock and the latch clearly moves when working correctly).
I have tried wd40 on the linkage and the electrical lock but it hasn't made any difference.
Any suggestions please!!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Find the rubber grips/clips on the tailgate they should unscrew, seems as though they may need readjustment, it's not the lock its the tailgate that's out of alignment.

They should look like maybe a small fist type or rubber nobs, look around they could be fixed on the cars body or the tailgte. Keep me posted !:)

If you need further help I can post an example from my 307 of what you should be adjusting..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts