Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 206 has been giving me jip,at times it wont stay started it will start for a few seconds running rough then it conks out. A day or so before this happens it will start but for a few minutes it runs rough and not a smooth idle.

I have had it on computer 4 times and each time the error is cleared and it will run smooth and idle smooth for a few weeks.

The error states fan speed stopped or too slow, there is no error code and I dont know what this fan is that it refers to.

Does anyone know what it is?
What fan would effect the engine running smooth?:confused:

Many thanks in advance

SH

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Computers are only a tool they do not always give the real answer they only help you on the journey :)

Being a 206 and running rough is a common issue i would be checking wiring especially earths the fan fault will be something to do with the fan not working and is not directly related to the running issue although it could have a common cause.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fan???

Hi, Thanks for ur time, what fan would i check, the computer clears the fault and it works for a few weeks, other than the radiator fan what other fans are there.
What wiring should I be looking at?

SH

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
My wiring is being checked tomorrow but Just a thought if it is the wiring and it being a actual problem rather than a computer problem, how come when the computer removed the error the fault goes for a few weeks but the actual problem would be still in the wiring, should the computer not remove the error and it reappear immediately.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Clearing a fault does not remove the cause, it simply wipes the information about the fault from the car's memory. If the report of the fault does not quickly return, it usually means that the cause is intermittent, e.g. a bad wiring connection or a bad earth connection.

Another possibility is low battery charge and poor alternator performance. Peugeots are very sensitive to low voltage, so get this checked as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts