Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new here and just wondered has anyone solved an automatic gearbox problem successfully? There seems to be many problems with them.
I am the proud owner (not) of a 2001 1.4LX 206 automatic, which has done 30k miles. Had it only 3 weeks and having real problems with gearbox. I bought it private from ebay and of course seller has denied all knowledge.
It will not go up a hill without the snow and sport light flashing. Sometimes it goes off, but most times you have to switch off. Other times it refuses to take off and crawls out before it drives properly. Often clunky underneath like it is not in gear properly. Then of course there are times it is perfectly fine, but these are getting few and far between.
Had oil levels checked they are ok local garage thinks it might be electrical or solenoid valve. Looking like it will have to go to Peugeot.
Not only is it annoying, it is dangerous. I have to sit like an idiot and wait for a clear road for fear of it crawling out, when lights flash it goes into safety mode and if not careful n braking it stalls. Help, my 'road cred' is dwindling fast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US WITH THIS!!! I am also facing the same problem and it is killing me. It is exactly what is happening to me.

since 2 years no one has replied. HAVE MERCY !
your answer is ofcourse appreciated.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i would get someone to take a look at the clutch and flywheel to see if that is the problem.

EDIT: Im just talking shite here, apparently :lol:

G

·
These gearboxes are very troublesome. Its is the AL4 gearbox. I'd recommend getting a diagnostic check done on it first.
Changing the gear oil in it too would be beneficial.

Note to above, This car is an auto, it hasn't got a clutch!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.