Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've just bought a new car (206) and was wondering if any of you know anything about alarm systems in these types of Peugeots? How do I activate or disable it? This would be useful to know in case I set it off accidentally, but also to know that it is working properly.

G

·
Very few came with factory alarms, and those that did often won't have them configured properly. If we knew a little more about the year and model...?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chopper1192 said:
Very few came with factory alarms, and those that did often won't have them configured properly. If we knew a little more about the year and model...?
Hello Chopper, thank you for your response.

The car was made in 2001, is Y reg and is the 206 GLX model. The keys have two buttons on them, one triggers a red led on the key and when locking the car using the key, the car lights flash several times.

G

·
Sounds like its just central locking as many peugeots flash lights when they are locked

I could be mistaken though!

To see if it is an alarm, leave your window down, lock the doors using the fob, leave it a minute or two then reach inside and open the door, that'll confirm it :thumb:

to turn the alarms off you would normally just use the unlock button

edit: also can you see any ultrasonic sensors along the door pillars at the front?

·
Registered
103 Posts
TO SET THE ALARM ON A 206 WITH TWO BUTTON KEY

1) Press the BIG BUTTON then WITHIN 5 SECONDS press the small button

The small button activates the deadlocks and internal sensors.

If you just press the big button, then only the central locking activates

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
DJ206 said:
TO SET THE ALARM ON A 206 WITH TWO BUTTON KEY

1) Press the BIG BUTTON then WITHIN 5 SECONDS press the small button

The small button activates the deadlocks and internal sensors.

If you just press the big button, then only the central locking activates
DJ206 would you like to post this under the 206 section as well, good info , thank you.:thumb:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I've noticed that since I rewired the plugs for the cd player, when I take the keys out of the ignition, a bleeping noise occurs several times.

Is this supposed to happen? I know it didn't before.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DJ206 said:
never heard of that issue before.

what was the reason for rewiring?
All I rewired was the red and yellow leads that go to the cd player, because when I turned the music up beyond a certain point the cd player cut out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ah yes that makes sense.

Well is it an aftermarket headunit?
Because iv put a sony headunit in mine, and after the car is switched off, it makes 3 beeps which im sure is normal, kind of like a reminder for me to remove the fascia. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DJ206 said:
ah yes that makes sense.

Well is it an aftermarket headunit?
Because iv put a sony headunit in mine, and after the car is switched off, it makes 3 beeps which im sure is normal, kind of like a reminder for me to remove the fascia. :D
Yes. My unit is a Sony too, and what you describe is exactly the same thing that occurs with my car. It's strange though, how it only started doing that after I changed the wires around.

What would I be looking for if I wanted to identify the alarm system?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeh kind of wierd I guess, I wouldnt worry to much about it though. ;)

What do you mean, the car alarm system?
If so, some 206's have ultrasonic sensors on the left and right pillars (next to front doors). The are also deadlock features in the doors so you can pull the locks up by hand.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What do the sensors look like? Are they like miniature speakers housings that can be seen at head height when sat in the car?

I mean, if the car does have an alarm system, where would I confirm the installation of such?

When I press the big button on the key, it locks the car, when I press the second little button on the key it makes another nooise, like more locks kicking in. The deadlocks that you speak of, do they work in the same way as the ones on a house door?

·
Registered
103 Posts
yes you are exactly describing them, they look like mini-speakers on both sides.

Umm well if you have them sensors and a button by the handbrake to turn the sensors off then for sure you have an alarm. Not sure what else you can check to confirm. To test it, just deadlock the car (press big button then small button) whilst the window is open. Then wave your hand inside and the alarm will go off.

Yes pressing the small button straight away after the bigbutton will enable the deadlocks. Yes similar to the house door. For example with the following: If you close the door normally it will lock into place and you cant push the door from the outside. But inside the house, you can click it down to open the door.

But if i was to put the key into this lock and deadlock the door, then whether outside or inside I wouldnt be able to open the door without unlocking.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/yale door lock/ShamblesX/290903HBO111111X.jpg

Hope that makes sense

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ah, I was wondering what that button by the handbrake was for! It's not in the generic 206 manual, so I was left wondering.

I've tried pressing the big button and then the small one in succession whilst in the car, unfortunately the lock tabs can still be pulled up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
haha yes many people always question what the button by the handbrake is for, not even I knew without asking ;)

Hmm thats wierd, but you said you can hear the deadlocks kicking in, im puzzled by that :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts