Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic 206. The alarm was activating fine when I locked the car from the remote button on the key .. the car lights would flash, make the alarm -on sound[the 2 beeps] and the red indicator light near the steering wheel would flicker.

Then during washing the car, the alarm went off and I couldn't turn it off .. the sound eventually got lower and lower until it died out.
Now, when I press the remote to lock the car, the outside car lights flicker momentarily as they should, but the alarm -on sound doesn't accompany the flickering lights. The light near the steering wheel flickers as though the alarm is activated so does this mean the alarm is on? When I try to force the door to check, the alarm doesn't sound. I think something happened when I washed the car. Or if the red light near the steering is flickering does this mean the alarm is working???????????
:eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alarm not working after car wash

I haven't taken the car in to show anyone as yet since this only happened last weekend.
Could it be that water went into the bonnet and somehow drained and wrecked the alarm? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have similar problem. Somehow, few weeks ago when i close the door alarm turns on automaticly.
Earlier i turn on alarm on remote when i lock the car.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Puppet said:
I have an automatic 206. The alarm was activating fine when I locked the car from the remote button on the key .. the car lights would flash, make the alarm -on sound[the 2 beeps] and the red indicator light near the steering wheel would flicker.

Then during washing the car, the alarm went off and I couldn't turn it off .. the sound eventually got lower and lower until it died out.
Now, when I press the remote to lock the car, the outside car lights flicker momentarily as they should, but the alarm -on sound doesn't accompany the flickering lights. The light near the steering wheel flickers as though the alarm is activated so does this mean the alarm is on? When I try to force the door to check, the alarm doesn't sound. I think something happened when I washed the car. Or if the red light near the steering is flickering does this mean the alarm is working???????????

Some peugeots have been reported as suffering with water/damp getting into the switches that detect the door open/closed status.
If this happens then the ecu assumes a door/tailgate is not closed hence the alarm going off.

D

·
0 Posts
Re: Have i bought a lemon?

O

Sent from my GT-S5690

1 - 6 of 6 Posts