Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there new to the site so a big hello to everybody!

My sister has just bought a 206 and is asking me if I can fit her radio into it. She already has the radio which I believe is just a standard size and I think the car is an 02. ((Sorry to be vague as I haven't seen either of them yet!)

Are there any "guides" on here, or the net for fitting an aftermarket radio that anybody could point me to?

Or has anybody on here done it? What do I need?

i.e. harness adapter, fascia adapter etc and where could I get them?

Many thanks in advance :thumb:

·
Registered
857 Posts
i dont think you need to get any adapters, all connections should be the same ( standard ), however, you will not be able to use the volume control stalk on steering wheel nor the screen display on dash..
regards
ps: i do supply original 206 cd players, let me know if you're interested, i'll do you a deal.
regards

·
Registered
23 Posts
206 Radio change

can I change the radio in a 206 with out any trouble to the car electrics? loads of stuff saying it will damage this that and the other? confused

·
Registered
442 Posts
can I change the radio in a 206 with out any trouble to the car electrics? loads of stuff saying it will damage this that and the other? confused
A 2002 should be multiplexed (short rectangular-ish stereo remote control below the wiper stalk. The older, pre-plex, system had a long and slender one. Switch-over year was 2001.

Aftermarket stereo usually have switched and constant power on pins 4 and 7, 8 for ground, of the ISO plug. My 206 built in 2003-11 used 6,7 and 8.

There are 2 lines used for the communications bus that can cause issues if the aftermarket HU applies fixed voltages to them. Apparently sometimes a BSI reset after fitting can clear things, haven't seen that myself as I used below mentioned adapter.

Peugeot makes an adapter that plugs to the cars ISO plug and at the other end provides a more aftermarket friendly plug, and isolates the car's communications bus from the aftermarket HU.

Common issue is for new HU not to remember settings. Many aftermarket HUs come with a harness where it's easy to cross-over the constant and switched power lines, which fixes the issue.

A multiplexed car tends to keep the HU on for a minute or two after switching off the car - it doesn't strictly follow the ignition key, so don't be alarmed if that happens. Just double check that it goes off after a bit of time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I resently fitted a new stereo to my 206cc, i did not use a facia, but i got an adapterkit from connects2.ltd. if u get a stereo with steeringweel remote option their adapterkits will connect your steerinweel stalk and everything fits neetly.

I fitted a JVC KD-DB97BT to get Bluetooth handsfree and Music streeming from my smartphone. original radio RD1.

Free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts