Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, was looking at the after market heated seats kits, anyone done this mod,if so any good ?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yes, done the leather interiors in both my 206s.

Waeco MSH-50 kit was what I used for both, kit comes with everything you need with only 3 wires to connect, 2 x 20mm holes to drill for the switches.

Be warned stripping the seat cover from the cushion is a long winded process due to the small metal clips used. On reassembly use cable ties ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I did take a couple of pictures last year when I fitted the kit to the 2nd 206.

Base heater pad mid fitment.

[/URL][/IMG]

Center console holes.

[/URL][/IMG]

Finished switches in place.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the pics, i been looking on ebay, found a few on there, prices are good, which one now ?.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Last one I bought came from a company in Germany as the Ebay sellers in UK where asking silly expensive prices for the same kit.

Look for Waeco MSH-50 as that is the complete kit do to a pair of front seats.
4 X heater pads, plug & play wiring loom including fuses, relay & switches.

It's all basic plug & play for the kit apart from 3 wires you need to connect to the cars electrical system & 2 holes to drill for the switches, it's a very comprehensive kit with good clear instructions.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I think the relay is there to ensure the current is switched off when the ignition is off. I was wondering whether the actual heat level achieved was controlled by a thermostat in each pad.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Thanks. Very interesting.

I had a Saab 96 for many years from 1972 that had an automatic heated driver's seat. No switch, it was entirely controlled by the thermostat and the ignition. It was excellent.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I had a 405 Executive with factory leather & heated seats, due to a design fault the heated seats on the 405 used to burn themselves out.

After visits to the dealer for repair & having a go myself I ended up adding a thermostatic cutout in to the heated seat to stop the heater pads burning out - something Peugeot should have done at the design stage!

Got 2 kits from Maplin for about £7 each & modded the seats, they never burnt out again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
thanks i will take a look . oh i have just had another look at the kit i saw, and it states in the spec ,it does have a thermostat, so thats good, heres the item description, take a lok on flee bay. i'd add a link don't know how to do that ha, (2 seats Universal Heated round Hi-Off-Lo switch Seat Heater Kit 12V carbon fiber ) £34.49 might be a load of junk, or it may not, to change the subject i have recently brought a 2.5t hawk troley jack steel and ali, and it is awsome,and down from 149 to 99,cos it was cheap and there are no wright ups i um'd are ar'd, i done a lot of searching and found to my supprise they all come from the same factory in china, different labels, no supprise there, the hawk is an american brand ,and it is the exact same dimentions as many others ,i wont say which, three letters_ _S , clark,etc. i looked at how they are made and some for lots more money are crap,its my job you see, im a fabricator welder/tig welder st/st ali , for over 40 years,seems a long time now, anyway enough of all that, i only mention it all because the jack is brillaint,i should do a little vid for youtube ha ha, so i may just go for it.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Looks rather good, except 65 degC is a grossly excessive temperature for comfortable seating. I wonder if it is a typo and should be 65 degF?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did take a couple of pictures last year when I fitted the kit to the 2nd 206.

Base heater pad mid fitment.

Center console holes.

Finished switches in place.
hi. the pictures are no longer available. can you upload again? thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts