Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i hope someone can help here. I recently went on to using Biodiesel and have done about 3k in our 206 HDi using this. To cut a long story short i now need to change the Fuel Filter as the Engine light has come on and im sure it is that, as it has not been changed since using Biodiesel. The car has gone into safe mode and wont rev above 2.2k revs or 62 MPH. Trouble is i have bought the replacement Fuel Filter Cartridge but cannot get the Filter Cover off. This is at the front of the Car and appears to be pressurised and very tight and impossible to get off by hand. I have been told you need a special tool to remove it but there must be other ways, and i do not want to buy the whole housing as i only want to change the Fuel Filter itself. Can anyone help me please as this is driving me mad and if i go to the Peugeot outlet no doubt they will want telephone numbers for money and try blinding me with science!! Thanks all!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
philipraymond said:
Hi all, i hope someone can help here. I recently went on to using Biodiesel and have done about 3k in our 206 HDi using this. To cut a long story short i now need to change the Fuel Filter as the Engine light has come on and im sure it is that, as it has not been changed since using Biodiesel. The car has gone into safe mode and wont rev above 2.2k revs or 62 MPH. Trouble is i have bought the replacement Fuel Filter Cartridge but cannot get the Filter Cover off. This is at the front of the Car and appears to be pressurised and very tight and impossible to get off by hand. I have been told you need a special tool to remove it but there must be other ways, and i do not want to buy the whole housing as i only want to change the Fuel Filter itself. Can anyone help me please as this is driving me mad and if i go to the Peugeot outlet no doubt they will want telephone numbers for money and try blinding me with science!! Thanks all!!
I HAVE SINCE WORKED IT OUT FOR ANY WHO WISH TO KNOW!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.