Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
The por on the pug or the galaxy, the pug i know, the galaxy im un-certain, under neath the steering column there should be a removable face plate, behind that panel there will be a number of fuses and relays, on the right there should be a connector raised from the surface, there you should be able to carry out any diagnostics.
From this location if you have the facilitys and programs you can also change basic mpg, bhp, and sound balancing. Regards whistler

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for that, the port on the Galaxy is underneath the ashtray

I already knew that, hehe

You said you could change the "basic MPG"

Could you explain a bit more please

What software do I need to obtain?
Why wouldn't the "basic MPG" be the BEST MPG for a diesel?

What on earth is "sound Balancing"?

Can I change the BHP? if so why would I change it?

Cheers for any advice

Paul

·
Registered
122 Posts
To gain bhp you loose your good mpg. Its more like setting your car up, if your car gains power in the wrong places or looses power at cartain rpm u can have it balanced.
When i bought my when it was the standard 1.1lx, we hooked it up to the laptop, n increased bhp, but ended up with only getting 14 mpg, but the performance side you can see the difference, Its not aimed at all people and wont suit every one, but its something to be considered if you don't want to pay the money to have it chipped etc.
Sound balancing - as many may know you can balance the sound of your car via your head unit, but by linking it up to the laptop as i said above, you gain greater access to points your stereo doesn't, smoothing out the fuzz, and either bringing the vocals or bass to higher deeper clarity, Its all dependent on user preference. If you still like to know il find out the program for you over the next couple of days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
fault code reader

have you found out if your galaxy fault code reader works on your peugeot 206 hdi? own a peugeot 307 hdi on a 02 plate cannot get a fault code reader to talk to, don,t know what protocol it is, its not an obd 2, was courious if the same equipment as a vag code reader will work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.