Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
206 1.6 (TU5JP4) engine temperature high / varies *solved*

I'm having the strangest symptoms on our daily driver (non AC)...

- when i stop to lights the engine temperature rises gradually all the way to the red line.
- the engine fan works (checked) but doesn't start until the temp rises to nearly 115 degrees according the meter. It should start at 97 degrees and stop at 92. I haven't had the STOP-engine overheating message yet.
- if I disconnect the temp sensor the fan starts so this indicates it is working
- thermostat has also been changed 2 years ago
- when driving, temperature stays in the middle at 90 degrees.

- if i crank the temperature all the way to warm, it doesn't affect anything to engine temp
- the temperature needle rises according the selected fan speed: when increased the shown temperature also rises :D For example speed 1 - temp 90. Speed 2 - temp rises to 100 and so on.
- Air system has been bled and doesn't loose liquid. Also oil is clean so not a head gasket problem.

The car doesn't really feel like it is overheating so this leads me to think that it is either a sensor fault or some kind of electrical problem.

Any ideas what to try?

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved! :)

After some investigating I managed to find that the gearbox earth wire had snapped and after replacing this everything seems ok! Engine also runs even smoother than before.

Happy days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.