Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i have a 206 1.4 with a missfire, recently had head gasket done and plugs replaced, it nowhas a misfire and is kicking out a code for cylinder 4 missfire and code for camshaft sensor electrical error.
Anyone got any good ideas as to the next step, i wanna do a compression check but find that my tester will not fit due to funny small spark plugs!

please help!

·
Registered
862 Posts
parsweencarcare said:
hi there i have a 206 1.4 with a missfire, recently had head gasket done and plugs replaced, it nowhas a misfire and is kicking out a code for cylinder 4 missfire and code for camshaft sensor electrical error.
Anyone got any good ideas as to the next step, i wanna do a compression check but find that my tester will not fit due to funny small spark plugs!

please help!

Check that the injector hasnt stuck open,not unheard of,does the exhaust get really warm?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it does, its very low on power, wont rev past 4400Rpm and keeps saying antipollution fault every so often!
How do you check injectors for sticking please mate?
many thanks Jon

·
Registered
862 Posts
parsweencarcare said:
yeah it does, its very low on power, wont rev past 4400Rpm and keeps saying antipollution fault every so often!
How do you check injectors for sticking please mate?
many thanks Jon

If the injector is stuck open then the car will be overfueling,the other 3 cylinders that are working burn of the excess fuel in the exhaust causing it to get very warm.this will also cause the anti pollution fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like the problem!! is there a way of checking wether the injector is stuck open?
would this also be causing the fault code? as i recall it was code p0341 which is camshaft sensor range/performance

·
Registered
862 Posts
parsweencarcare said:
sounds like the problem!! is there a way of checking wether the injector is stuck open?
would this also be causing the fault code? as i recall it was code p0341 which is camshaft sensor range/performance

What is worth a try is using Injector cleaner from your local garage (redex) just add to a full tank, Get the engine nice and warm, change into 2nd gear slightly early (aim for 1,500 RPM) on a nice long straight with no-one around and just hold the throttle down all the way till the rev needle touches the solid red line. NEVERdo this with a cold engine. The long full throttle acceleration should clean all the rubbish out of the pistons, the low speed full throttle start will help to loosen the muck to start with and the final red line will throw it out the back of the car. Works even better if you have some injector clean in the tank at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts