Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HIya, hopefully someone might be able to shed some light on my problem. Changed the timing belt on my 2005 Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI today, 117,000 miles, did it by the book, with timing pins in flywheel and camshaft sprocket, replaced belt, turned the engine 10 revolutions, everything still lined up spot on. Put it all back together, wouldnt start, starter motor goes, but engine wont fire. Plugged in diagnositc code reader and got a P0344 error, which reads Camshaft Bank A intermittent circuit Fault. Someone suggested it mightbe the camshaft sensor, so replaced it, still nothing, took the one that I had removed and put it in another Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI and it started first time, so obviously not the sensor. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
might have forgotten to connect something after disconnecting it...go over everything again...might help:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked again

took the crankshaft pulley off, checked the crankshaft sensor, checked the pulley, all looks fine, put it all back together, still wont start, and still getting the P0344 code when I plug in the diagnostics reader. Its also still in ECO MODE, but ive read somewhere that wouldnt stop it starting. Starting to pull hair out now, which is not something to be undertaken lightly when you are getting on in years. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorted it!

went back through the Haynes manual, had locked the flywheel through the gearbox and the camshaft sprocket, when should have locked the camshaft and crankshaft, redid it, was 1 tooth out on the belt, corrected it and all is fine. Hopefully anyone else that gets this problem may find this useful, you only have to be 1 tooth out, and you wont be able to start it.

Cheers:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
wiltshirewombat said:
went back through the Haynes manual, had locked the flywheel through the gearbox and the camshaft sprocket, when should have locked the camshaft and crankshaft, redid it, was 1 tooth out on the belt, corrected it and all is fine. Hopefully anyone else that gets this problem may find this useful, you only have to be 1 tooth out, and you wont be able to start it.

Cheers:)
How difficult is it to replace the belt on these 1.4 hdi`s?

It looks a right nightmare access wise on that end of the engine..............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts