Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pug is 55 reg, 1.4L, 5 Door, Diesel, 104,000 miles, 65mpg average.
My usual driving is between 1000 and 3000 Revs, never above 3500 rpm.
It has been suffering from rough tickover so replaced MAF, cleaned EGR and heat exchanger pipes. solved the tickover for a while but it came back, recently I have been turning the ignition off when waiting at junctions.

An interesting problem has started, causing a lack of power whilst on tickover (or no acceleration). I would start the engine to pull away and limp to the side of the road on tickover!! No engine light or any other dash lights show. Now this is where it gets weird, if I take the key out and wait for an obvious relay click from an axillary relay, I can put the key in and restart the car and get acceleration. So its probably a faulty relay or sensor but the Haynes wiring diagram for the car is very basic.
Has anyone come across this before?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Multiple Probs

Mine is the same as yours, now it takes many attempts to start. Itll kick in then die off with the accelerator having no effect. I find if i release the clutch almost to the point of stalling.... The engine fires up and the accelerator is responsive.
On another note, my gearbox light has come on intermittently, but when its on theres a horrendous rattle? ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts