Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm a noob to this forum so please bear with me. I posted this question in the Tech forum without any luck and am just wondered if any of you guys have heard of or experienced this type of problem?

"I bought a 2000 1.4 206 about four months ago and in all fairness its been absolutely perfect, Till today! This morning the car started normally but when first gear was selected and I tried to pull away, the gear lever was just pushed back into neutral. At first I thought it was just me cos on the second attempt all was fine. During my journey the problem really start to get worse to the point where I was having trouble changing between 1-2. 2-3 or back down the gears. The gearbox itself sounds normal but the gear lever feels tight and very notchy as though its fouling on something.
Now for the $64M questions, is this a known problem? and is it likely on being terminal? Shame really cos it was a lovely car to drive.
Any help or advice all you experts can offer will be gratefully appreciated."

·
Registered
1 Posts
1.4 gears

yeah i have the same problem sometimes with mine, its usually in the morning when its cold. if ya mayb be a little forcefull and open the car up a bit it might lossen the gears! worked for mine, sounds harsh but it worked for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts