Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my 205 Junior is only doing about 45mpg, is there any way I can increase this?

Has a new fuel filter the other day, and an air filter about a month ago. Tyres are all inflated as they should be.

Just seems really poor mpg for a 1.0 ltr!

G

·
That's about right. It's a light car, c.830kg, but it's hardly the worlds most sophisticated 1 litre. You're doing pretty well all told. A 107 only nudges past 50mpg in daily mixed motoring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ack, was hoping for a little more!

I had an old Fiat Panda a couple of years ago, a 4 speed 903cc, which hit around 55+ mpg! Was expecting this to be around the same.

I managed to get ahold of a LHD 205 with the smae engine as a parts vehicle, and its got a 5-speed box, is it worth replacing my 4-speed box with this one?

Will it dramatically raise the mpg?

I'm actually considering swapping my 205 for a diesel one... I can get bio-diesel for 85ppl, so it should work out cheaper.

G

·
I'd definately go for a diesel 205, used to love mine!

Those lumps will run forever as well, no matter how much you throw at them! :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was lined up to buy one, but someone told me that I wouldn't get any more mpg than in my 1.0ltr petrol. Don't think they were right anyway, but even if that was the case at least I could tow a trailer with it!

G

·
I'd say the mpg was great! mine was the 1.8 xnd

couldnt give you figures but it wasnt a heavy drinker thats for sure!

G

·
edessex said:
Ack, was hoping for a little more!

I had an old Fiat Panda a couple of years ago, a 4 speed 903cc, which hit around 55+ mpg! Was expecting this to be around the same.
The Fiat Panda was best part of 170kg lighter, so this is hardly surprising.

The 205 diesels are turgid and slow (IMHO, natch) unless you get the turbo'd ones.

The Junior wasn't a special edition or owt, it was what the base spec +1 was called for a few years and is no more unusual or valauble than any other cooking 205.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats cool, I didn't think it would be a rare one!

I didn't realise the weight difference to be honest, might be time to get my old Panda 4x4 running! Been sitting in my garden for about a year now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts