Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
need help
picked up a 205 gti 1900 yesterday, mainly for parts but i wanted to hear it runnin before i stripped it as the motor has been overbored to a 2ltr but i think never got started, it has 45DCOE Webers fitted also.

On turning the key you can hear the fuel pump working and everything electrical is working but the starter motor is just not turnin over, ive tried the obvious things like a different starter motor and theer is actually power getting to it as it sparked nicely when i touched a screw driver on it, the motor isnt ceazed at all and does turn manually. the car is a 93' model and i think has an immobilser as there is a Siemens box in the boot, is the cause of my problem?! is the car immobilised?! how do you reset it in that case or are there any other ideas you may have to help?!

Many thanx

simon

·
Registered
862 Posts
Simonward18 said:
Hi all
need help
picked up a 205 gti 1900 yesterday, mainly for parts but i wanted to hear it runnin before i stripped it as the motor has been overbored to a 2ltr but i think never got started, it has 45DCOE Webers fitted also.

On turning the key you can hear the fuel pump working and everything electrical is working but the starter motor is just not turnin over, ive tried the obvious things like a different starter motor and theer is actually power getting to it as it sparked nicely when i touched a screw driver on it, the motor isnt ceazed at all and does turn manually. the car is a 93' model and i think has an immobilser as there is a Siemens box in the boot, is the cause of my problem?! is the car immobilised?! how do you reset it in that case or are there any other ideas you may have to help?!

Many thanx

simon

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Its possibly immobilised or may have an open/short circuit to ground somewhere,check the connectors..

some other possibilitys-
Ignition components damp or damaged.
-worn down or or wrongly gapped plugs
-faulty fuel injection system fault.
-choke or carb fault.
- wiring in the ignition system broken.disconnected or loose

If it is indeed the immobilisor sometimes the easiest way wround it is to get an unlocked ecu.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the moose said:
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Its possibly immobilised or may have an open/short circuit to ground somewhere,check the connectors..

some other possibilitys-
Ignition components damp or damaged.
-worn down or or wrongly gapped plugs
-faulty fuel injection system fault.
-choke or carb fault.
- wiring in the ignition system broken.disconnected or loose

If it is indeed the immobilisor sometimes the easiest way wround it is to get an unocked ecu.
thanx for the quick reply
it came with 2 other ecu's so it looks like thats been tried already, very annoying problem to have as i hate electircal troubles

·
Registered
18 Posts
it sounds like it may be a starter solenoid problem to me. (unless this is one unit and you say you have tried a different starter motor.
Have you tried push starting the car?
Give it a go and see if it starts.
If it does not start, take a wire from the positive connection on the battery and run it directly to the ignition coil (if it has one) connect to either side but not the king lead. ignition lights should come on inside the car, odds are the starter motor will still not work but the car will go with a push/bump start (provided the engine is in good running order) if it does not, try changing the point on the ignition coil where the wire is connected to. if it still does not start the car is likely to be a non runner, in which case you will have to go looking further than a immobilizer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clarion Stereo

Hi there

Picked up a 1991 205 Gti yesterday but the Clarion stereo needs a code as the battery was disconnected and the code was lost. How would I get the code? There is a website that can provide this but they want £20 for the code. Is there another option?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hi there

Picked up a 1991 205 Gti yesterday but the Clarion stereo needs a code as the battery was disconnected and the code was lost. How would I get the code? There is a website that can provide this but they want £20 for the code. Is there another option?
Yes, go to a Peugeot Main Dealer and pay £30.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Radio code

Can anyone help?

Changed the battery on my 205 and can't find my radio code to get it working again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Make: Clarion
Product no: PU9469A
Serial no: 0021084

Would need code and instructions as I don't have the manual either.

Thanks

Rico.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Clarions in 205 405 505 etc cannot be decoded by serial no the coding is done by linking pins on the board but its been so long now since i done 1 i doubt i would remember the method to work out the code but by linking certain pins you created the code i done all mine to 2233 but as i say i doubt i could find the info to show what links make that code !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts