Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys new to this site but was just wandering if some1 could tell me, i want to buy a 1.1 205 but want to put a 1.9gti engine in it, is it just bolt in? or would i need new brackets and the firewall moving etc etc? any help would be much appreciated:)

G

·
It'll go striaght in if you used the GTi mounts etc.

However, before you even contemplate it I'd replace the shocks, springs, strut bearings, and every suspension bush you can manage - the number of Mi16 and other engine conversions glued in to otherwise loose and sloppy old 205s is scary. Do it properly.

Alternatively, just buy a GTi - tidy ones don't come in at much, and even the minters aren't getting the silly money they were 3 years ago, despite the rest of the 'classic' car market being very buoyant at present.

·
Registered
7 Posts
agreed with the do it right route, if you was to carry out the conversion the amount of parts that will be perished or perishing you come across with be plentiful so you will need to replace those anyway

why not just wait/save for a proper gti? it will be cheaper to buy than to convert yours

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
rosscarew said:
thanks alot mate, alot of help, and i would buy a gti but wudnt be able to insure it as my first car :)
personally i think you will come across the same problem when it comes to insuring it with the new engine....i wouldnt go the route of not telling them as, in worse case scenerio, you hit another motor or god forbid a ped, your insurance wont pay out, on account of being modded and not told...

but i wish you luck on this, keep us posted:thumb:

G

·
A lad down our way recently got fingered for drink driving. He got a fine and a ban for that, then he got 9 months in the chokey for defrauding his insurers by failing to declare his chav mods.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
drink drivers cant stand them....if its not themselves they injure, they kill another innocent person... i see it all the time (chav mods) specially in darlo, their mothers/fathers buy their kids a 1L corsa, the chav then put alloys, paints the bonnet black to make it look carbon fibre and lowers the car and sticks a bean can exhaust on...just think when he crashes showing off to mates his insurance wont pay out...he wont have any cash as he is a dole waller and a gypo so theres your claims gone. atleast i wont have to deal with them for now...untill my insurance have coughed up and got myself a car...looking at an astra

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.