Peugeot Forums banner

2020 Hybrid 4 Hardwire Dashcam Installation with Parking Mode

4K views 21 replies 3 participants last post by  mrsvvti 
#1 ·
Hi,

I would like to hardwire a Viofo 129 Pro Duo to my 2020 LHD 3008 Hybrid 4. I have skimmed through the 22 pages of dashcam discussions on various models but cant find the answer to my questions.

For parking mode to work I need an "always on" source when the car is parked as well as a switched "accessories" source when the car is running.

1) Can anyone point me to an up-to-date fusebox diagram for this year and LHD model?
2) Does it have an "always on" unswitched source fuse?
3) If not, where can I find one elsewhere in the car?

Many thanks for your help

Scott

#2 ·
Hi,

I would like to hardwire a Viofo 129 Pro Duo to my 2020 LHD 3008 Hybrid 4. I have skimmed through the 22 pages of dashcam discussions on various models but cant find the answer to my questions.

For parking mode to work I need an "always on" source when the car is parked as well as a switched "accessories" source when the car is running.

1) Can anyone point me to an up-to-date fusebox diagram for this year and LHD model?

Scott
Scott, I asked similar questions here. It's in a post in the last 2 months called dashcam recommendations or something. I need to do the same but haven't got around to it. Ideally I'd like to connect to a 12V supply which is ultimately connected to the main battery not the starter battery.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Scott, I asked similar questions here. It's in a post in the last 2 months called dashcam recommendations or something. I need to do the same but haven't got around to it. Ideally I'd like to connect to a 12V supply which is ultimately connected to the main battery not the starter battery.

Thanks for the prompt reply Nick.

Unfortunately a search didn't reveal to me the thread your referring to. Did it have the answer to my questions? If so can you be more specific in identifying it?

I totally agree it would make sense to have a 12v source from the main battery, though with "range anxiety" such a big issue manufacturers are reluctant to add anything that will decrease it, by running ancillary services. (I read a thread that claims Sentry mode on a Tesla reduces range by 1-2 miles per hour of parking). However the whole reason I bought a PHEV was to obviate "range anxiety" so this is not an issue and no argument for not providing a 12v source on the main battery in a PHEV.

Just FYI I checked that my vehicle reports 12.5 v in acc. mode at the cigarette lighter socket, 14.7v in electric mode (so the automotive battery charges the 12v battery without the ICE running), and I also got 13.4v in acc mode while charging ( so the main charger also trickle charges the starter battery).. This implies the 12v battery should always be fully charged for parking!

Scott

#4 ·
Scott

Many thanks. Just found it but dont know how to post the link.

Here's one of the replies...

Behind BSI is BFH3 relay and fuse box so here is description of permanent battery supply fuses and their relative pins on 33 pin connector:

F3 - 01 / 30A Sunroof
F4 - 20 / 10A Folding mirrors
F5 - 12 / 40A Rear electric windows
F8 - 08 / 40A Front electric windows
F10 - 09 / 20A Generic trailer caravan fusebox (so that might be Your choice)

#12 ·
Thanks again Nick,

I confused the 2016 and 2017 model years so you are right, these fuse details should apply to the current models. I have also found several other forum threads discussing fuse box accessibiity and how difficult visibility and access is, but am confident we are on the right track.

I also share your frustration of sitting on a 13.2 kw battery and not being able to use it, particularly when some PHEVS like the Mitsubishi Outlander provide not one, but two, AC sockets for running up to 1500w of equipment (in the US market).

It is such a pity the older car manufacturers underlying structures and processes can't adapt to the "customer engagement" model of Tesla, where a tweet of a good idea to Elon can result in implementation of a software upgrade in a few weeks or months. There doesn't appear to be anyone from PSA monitoring the forum, following up when they see multiple repetitions of the same issue, responding to requests, or gathering ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement or product development.

I'll keep you updated on the dash cam and the low temperature driving characteristics...Just changed to studded tyres for the winter!

Scott

#13 ·
Cheers Scott.

So you just gave me an idea. I had the AC socket fitted on mine. Largely so I could plug a laptop in and charge it if I'm going from one part of the country to another or if a passenger wants to charge their laptop. Not an uncommon challenge in my work.

So I wonder if that socket is always live or whether it is switched off when the car is off.

Interesting.

Yeh see how you get on in th he cold weather. Interested to hear.

Best
Nick

#22 ·
Hi,

Scott

Try F27 first. it have an "always on" unswitched source fuse.

Or you can buy a external battery for dash cam parking mode only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.