Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was supposed to take delivery of a brand new 508 gt line yesterday but was called by the dealer who stated that there had been a recall as a consequence of which delivery will be delayed by a few days. I cant find any info on the internet about a recall - does anyone know what this recall is ?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Nothing listed on the DVSA recall data base so it cannot be that serious - it will be likely a service campaign to check on / rectify something before the customer is handed over the car.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Or the dealer is deliberately delaying because they've scuffed the paintwork or something and need a few days to put it right :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
manufacturer safety recall

Same here. I was meant to receive mine recently but they said the following:

The Peugeot 508 currently has a manufacturer safety recall on the rear lights. I am hoping this can be completed by the end of this week/ early next week.

Quite annoying really

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Be even more annoying if you collected your brand new car & then had to take it back for the recall work.

Yes your brand new car is delayed BUT Peugeot are making sure it's not handed over to the customer until the safety recall work is carried out.

A friend of mine was a Ford workshop technician & Ford had to put a stop on current brand new Focus from leaving any dealer forecourt until a safety recall was completed due to a manufacturing fault on the first batch of cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here

has anyone had an update, mine due for delivery tomorrow, got a call yesterday. Not much information back........(508 GT Line 1.6)

·
Registered
13 Posts
delayed delivery

I had same issue with Robbins & day , Salford. should have been delivered 8th July, rang me day before saying it needed recall work.
dragged it out of them and i was told it was a suspension issue and a software update. eventually got the car on the 18th July. :nono:
all i need to do now is work out the 'I cockpit amplify' its doing my head in. been sat in the car for hours trying to get it to set and can't work it out. owners handbook is no help what so ever :mad::mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took delivery of my new Peugeot 508, 1.6 180BHP S/S Automatic, GT Line in June this year and it's had a few recalls, some of which I've had to take back after delivery.

The following is what's happened to mine.

Before delivery:
- A plate needed replaced behind the dashboard, this is accessed through the glove box and that's the only piece of dashboard that is taken out.
- 3 software updates, 1 I found out was due to the rear lights not as bright as what they should be.

Post delivery:
- Suspension struts at the front of the car, bolts weren't tightened to the correct level.
- Monogram replaced, this is to do with the GT Line badges, they could come off. Something to do with the wrong glue used. My car needs to go back for this as the garage didn't have the GT Line stickers in stock to replace.

One thing I have noticed that still isn't fixed is the climate control function. When in Mono mode you can't change the temperature to make both sides the same when your driving. If you're stationary it's the same. The only way to fix it is to change the passenger side temperature, which turns off Mono, go into climate settings and turn Mono back on and it works perfectly. You need to do this every time you get into the car. I noticed this in 2 demo cars I had, my 2 mates have 508s as well with the same issue. So I'm guessing another software issue and will be resolved soon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
2019 Recalls

I bought an ex demo model 508 Fastback GT Puretech 1.6 225 registered Jan19.
Picked it up two weeks ago. Great car.
Took it back to dealer last week as the washer bottle cap would not stay closed.
Dealer ordered the part and when they put in the VIN it threw up 8 recalls on the vehicle.
Actually two or three recalls and 5 workshop interventions (not sure what the difference is). They did 3 software updates, satnav, engine management and rear light intensity change. Have booked it in for the remaining 5 when I return from holiday. They consist of replacing driver window and mechanism, riveting strengthening panel to front bulkhead (entailing having to remove front seats), replacing front and rear badges (chrome effect is coming off), too shocked to remember the rest, but they want it for three days and will supply courtesy car.

Am pleased their system alerted them to this and it is all FOC, but disappointed that it wasn’t picked up on the hand-over service.

Keith.

·
Registered
99 Posts
2019 Recalls

I bought an ex demo model 508 Fastback GT Puretech 1.6 225 registered Jan19.
Picked it up two weeks ago. Great car.
Took it back to dealer last week as the washer bottle cap would not stay closed.
Dealer ordered the part and when they put in the VIN it threw up 8 recalls on the vehicle.
Actually two or three recalls and 5 workshop interventions (not sure what the difference is). They did 3 software updates, satnav, engine management and rear light intensity change. Have booked it in for the remaining 5 when I return from holiday. They consist of replacing driver window and mechanism, riveting strengthening panel to front bulkhead (entailing having to remove front seats), replacing front and rear badges (chrome effect is coming off), too shocked to remember the rest, but they want it for three days and will supply courtesy car.

Am pleased their system alerted them to this and it is all FOC, but disappointed that it wasn’t picked up on the hand-over service.

Keith.
Just been informed of another recall: Apparently there is a 5% chance that the front seat back massager devices are not working correctly. This recall consists of booking the car in for them to be checked, then if found to be faulty, to be booked in again after parts have arrived for it to be fixed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2019 Recalls

That's more than disappointing, the odd one might have been raised after you had collected the car but not all of the. You would expect a Main Dealer to check because:
1. It will annoy the customer.
2. It would be more efficient for the Dealer to fit the work in when it has the capacity to do so rather than a series of bookings by the customer.
3. It does not reflect well on Peugeot.

Their Dealerships have always had a lot of room for improvement in my experience.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's more than disappointing, the odd one might have been raised after you had collected the car but not all of the. You would expect a Main Dealer to check because:
1. It will annoy the customer.
2. It would be more efficient for the Dealer to fit the work in when it has the capacity to do so rather than a series of bookings by the customer.
3. It does not reflect well on Peugeot.

Their Dealerships have always had a lot of room for improvement in my experience.
I agree they should have checked before handover, but, in fairness to the dealer, I don’t think they were notified by pug. It wasn’t until they tried to order a part. We collected my wife’s 208 last week and I asked them to check on hers because it had been standing in a compound probably since the beginning of December and there weren’t any. I then asked if they would check mine and they said their shouldn’t be but when they looked there was one for a workshop check on the back massagers. It would appear that pug don't send out workshop alerts unless they are safety related.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree they should have checked before handover, but, in fairness to the dealer, I don’t think they were notified by pug. It wasn’t until they tried to order a part. We collected my wife’s 208 last week and I asked them to check on hers because it had been standing in a compound probably since the beginning of December and there weren’t any. I then asked if they would check mine and they said their shouldn’t be but when they looked there was one for a workshop check on the back massagers. It would appear that pug don't send out workshop alerts unless they are safety related.
I don't know how the dealer side works, but I think there's a distinct difference between a proper recall and updates/checks.

Anyway, forget that, the 508 Fastback is the most beautiful car that I've seen, even better than the AM Vantage V8 of the '70s.
I followed one the other week, which was very lucky as there aren't many around, and I remember thinking 'Holy cow! that does look good, is that what those following me think?'
The only change I would make is to get rid of the '508' from the front.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't know how the dealer side works, but I think there's a distinct difference between a proper recall and updates/checks.

Anyway, forget that, the 508 Fastback is the most beautiful car that I've seen, even better than the AM Vantage V8 of the '70s.
I followed one the other week, which was very lucky as there aren't many around, and I remember thinking 'Holy cow! that does look good, is that what those following me think?'
I agree, it is a great car to look at, and to drive. I think it gets glance backs due to the tiger fang daylight running lights which double as indicators. I haven’t found anything I don’t like yet. My last 3 pugs were 508 SWs and this is leagues ahead. Now the new 208 is out they are a force to be reckoned with. Having said that though other manufacturers are bringing similar ‘fastback’ style machines out now. Pug are calling the 208 their ‘super mini’. I don’t think there is as much room in the back as the previous model though. I didn’t travel in the back of my wife’s but the new one seems a tad more difficult to get in and out.

·
Registered
67 Posts

I wonder if that was me you were following..? Haha. I noticed a black 508 fastback behind me in Shirley the other week and thought how good it looked!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wonder if that was me you were following..? Haha. I noticed a black 508 fastback behind me in Shirley the other week and thought how good it looked!
Mine just been in for a recall concerning the back massagers in the backs of the front seats. Apparently 5% of cars of my vintage (registered January 2019) could be faulty. The check revealed ‘no fault’ so it was cleared. I don’t have detail of what the actual fault could be. This was the 9th recall. Looking at manufacturer’s date stamps on parts under the bonnet suggests that it was built at end of October 2018 so must have been one of the first batch built. I’m happy though that Pug is diligently recalling them to fix, even though non were safety recalls.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's disappointing, and unusual, to have had that many recalls. I might be wrong but I thought they're only recalls if you're notified in writing. It doesn't change much for the customer though if they still have to keep going back to the Dealer, for whatever reason.

·
Registered
67 Posts
“Recalls” for mine included:

• 508: Wiper motor wiring harness
  • 508: Replace the front driver’s side door glass
  • 308, 3008, 5008 and 508: Software download
  • 508: Monogram
  • 508, Rifter: Software download
  • 508: Dash panel stiffener
  • 508: Check and replace seat back pads if necessary
  • 508: Radio (NAC) software
  • 508: Software download
  • 508: Check and replace tailgate struts if necessary
I believe some recalls were confirmed as no action required, including the tailgate struts and possibly the dash panel stiffener and wiper motor wiring harness. The glass was replaced but I still don’t know what was wrong with it, I never had an issue.

I thought I read somewhere that there was an update to do with the adaptive dampers. Prior to servicing I noticed variable levels of comfort when in ‘normal’ mode, including a stiffer ride like it was in ‘sport’ mode without it being selected. I also noticed that when changing the drive mode from ‘normal’ after starting the car it would sometimes think it was in ‘manual’ so it was definitely getting confused. I’m hopeful this has now been resolved; the ride quality does appear more consistent (and very pleasant) in ‘normal’ mode since.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts