Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My Fiancee has recently bought a 2017 1.2 Puretech Peugeot 2008. Both love it so far! One issue she is experiencing though is filling the petrol to the max?
She regularly does long commutes - 105 miles a day so she brims her petrol tank at the beginning of the week and ends up filling around the end of the week.
The one thing she keeps asking me as I have a 207 and the family have all had Peugeot for years is... "why can't I fill my cars petrol tank? I think I have filled it... It clicks off and when I pay and leave its at 3/4 mark" (or just over.. I have checked when she has said this)
So, I went to the petrol station with her and had a go myself. Now... my car does click off around the 40 gallon mark and I know I have got a click or two worth left of fueling until its full. Completely max... the absolute top. With her 2008 is a real challenge to get it there.... just under the full line.
Does anybody else experience this? Is it a common thing?

Many thanks in advance.

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had the same problem with 2008 GT Line 1.6 BlueHDi. Usually it is ok on a flat forecourt. If the forecourt is on a slope the it fills full if the filling cap is on the low side of the car!

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I have the 1.2 but on a 2016 65 plate. Not sure if it has the same specification as the 2017 model but Im pretty sure the tank capacity is around 50 litres. I have found if I squeeze the nozzle trigger all the way I have difficulties filling it as when the tank gets up towards being full the nozzle auto shuts off quite a way before it is maxed. I got into the habit of only half squeezing the trigger when I had diesel to prevent foaming and have transferred that to the petrol pump and now my guage shows full after the first click.

·
Registered
842 Posts
No problems with mine, always fills to full any type of forecourt. Always fill on the the fast fill and stop on first click and its always reading full on fuel gauge....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts