Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this car but found the handbook unhelpful about use of heated seats. The web version of the handbook doesn't help either.
I cannot find any indication that the seat heat is selected On or Off (other than it might be warm!). Anyone know?

·
6,544 Posts
No illuminated indicator on most Peugeot/Citroen models you have to rely on looking at the wheel or getting a warm butt

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's these little things that make me wanna slap some engineers at PSA. How expensive would it be to put a switch with LED instead of just a plain switch? Even if it would cost PSA €5 more per switch, which is impossible, and if they'd price the car €20 more on that account (earning €10 net on 2 switches), I think everybody would opt for it if buying heated seats. It's a damn LED, FFS! How difficult/expensive can it be!?

It's like on some 308 T9 there's only one USB port (underneath the radio) while others have 2nd one in the glove box. But *ALL* of the radios have 2 USB ports on the back. Two. All of them. So it's just a matter of what - 30cm of cable and a plastic mount inside glove box.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine has led illumination, but to see if it is on i must check the numbers on the wheel.

My previous 407 2.2 had it too, but in the side of the seat, i can agree that one led somewhere would make the difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick responses. I too am surprised that there is no LED indication for the heated seats.
I am still in discovery mode for the new car. Again I am surprised that (unlike the handbook for my wife's older 308) the current printed handbook does not include a list of fuse functions. It is in the web Complete Handbook and I printed out that section. I would not like some simple fault to get me stranded in some remote region where web access is not possible.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have 2 tiny LED 'Mood Lights' on my Allure that illuminate that area at night.
I played with this for the first time in three years and many miles.It makes a big difference at night you can see the centre console and door pulls really well.

However I hate any light when driving at night. I would prefer total darkness except speed indication like a fighter pilot so I can see where I am going. It would be cool to have a head up display but as the dash head is so high I doubt they would add this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts