Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i'm commuting 90 mile's a day,i want to get some adblue,just incase i need a top up in the future,does it matter which brand i get, do peugeot recommend which brand to use, or doesn't it matter.would another brand be ok to mix with what the dealer's add to the tank.thank's in advance.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm not aware of any differences so just go for what is convenient/cheap.

A word for when you get the warning that you need to fill up in xxx miles. Although the AdBlue tank is supposed to be 17l I wouldn't put more than about 10l in at any one time in case you overfill. There's no danger as such with overfilling - it's just messy to clean up in the spare wheel well afterwards!

If you're having your car serviced at a Peugeot dealer be even more frugal if there's a service coming up. It's Peugeot practice to evacuate all the contents of the tank and then fill up with a measured amount of AdBlue. This was especially annoying for me as I had topped up the tank and told them that it didn't need looking at again - which they ignored. A complete waste of the 10l that I had put in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
as i'm commuting 90 mile's a day,i want to get some adblue,just incase i need a top up in the future,does it matter which brand i get, do peugeot recommend which brand to use, or doesn't it matter.would another brand be ok to mix with what the dealer's add to the tank.thank's in advance.
Use the Adblue at the truckstop, you May need an AB Adblue filler neck. If the Warming has turned on you Can ad 15 l. You need some head space in the tank so the Adblue Can expand during Winther chill. Look in the manual for resetting Adblue Warming.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Take in mind that Adblue has a Best before date, and deterriage quicly When exposed from tempretur difference, and Sun light.

·
Registered
978 Posts
That must be one of those really big Tescos to have enough space for car spares to include that.

Or (just thought of this) do you mean in the little shop at the fuel station?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Take in mind that Adblue has a Best before date, and deterriage quicly When exposed from tempretur difference, and Sun light.
In another Tread we had a chemical expert tell us if we do not buy off a garage forecourt but a good supplier we can ignore the Best Before date as that is set to cover the Adblue being stored in the sun on a forecourt.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Since the AdBlue is the Trade Mark I believe you can use any you find in the stores. But, I think that you should not use one for trucks, there is some kind of difference ....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Since the AdBlue is the Trade Mark I believe you can use any you find in the stores. But, I think that you should not use one for trucks, there is some kind of difference ....
Adblue is Adblue, and has to relay to a specific term DIN / ISO, so When its labeled Adblue, you Can use it.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
That must be one of those really big Tescos to have enough space for car spares to include that.

Or (just thought of this) do you mean in the little shop at the fuel station?
Tesco Extra. Not a particularly large one. And I didn't see it in the filling station shop because I didn't look there.

Trucks have a much larger filler cap for Adblue, so be careful if trying to fill from a truck stop.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well I think it will go all over the place the opening of the container being far smaller than what I would expect the nozzle to be and the power of the output.
Of course I not seen how they dispense the stuff but if for wagon filling I assume it comes out quick like fuel into the wagons big tank.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the commercial AdBlue nozzles (and the corresponding tank opening) are much larger than the ones for cars. But, without having measured them, you can probably fill up a container after taking the cap off.

And you could always use a funnel if needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts