Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Partner Tepee 1.6 Blue hdi 2016 reg but manufactured in the 2nd half of 2015 is due for the first mot.

So out of the blue the main dealer called saying there were three recalls outstanding and do we want to book a service.

I wasn't going to use them as the service and mot would be just over £500.

I asked the main dealer what the recalls are for and he read out for:

the adblue filler cap (I think they fit a locking version now)
the adblue wiring harness
the catalytic converter

Does anybody know what they need to do with the cat?
I'm thinking if its serious it might just be worth having the service done by them.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Our Partner Tepee 1.6 Blue hdi 2016 reg but manufactured in the 2nd half of 2015 is due for the first mot.

So out of the blue the main dealer called saying there were three recalls outstanding and do we want to book a service.

I wasn't going to use them as the service and mot would be just over £500.

I asked the main dealer what the recalls are for and he read out for:

the adblue filler cap (I think they fit a locking version now)
the adblue wiring harness
the catalytic converter

Does anybody know what they need to do with the cat?
I'm thinking if its serious it might just be worth having the service done by them.
You do not need to get a service done to get recalls done , recalls are free of charge regarless

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do not need to get a service done to get recalls done , recalls are free of charge regarless
The reason I ask is these recalls are directed from the manufacurer and are not on the government database. What I understand is they are not safety related. So that would mean they are 'improvements' which though are not chargeable should be done when the service is carried out.

What I am most interested in is what is the recall for the catalytic converter?
Is it to change it? I consider that would be very worthwhile.
Or is it just to swap out a couple of quid component? In which case hardly worth the bother.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
All recalls should be done whether you are getting a service or not as they are paid for by peugeot so dealer gets paid.

You do not HAVE to get services done by the dealers anyway but only dealers can do recalls and any updates to ecus etc.

Cat recall could be just a check for a faulty batch or might be a securing mount it really could be anything from a bolt to a new cat only dealers will be able to tell you for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts