Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I bought a 2016 Boxer in December and have just driven it for the first time on a long drive for about 400 miles to France. The engine warning light came on yesterday and displayed 'go to nearest Peugeot dealer'.
I've been told that all 4 injectors need replacing at a cost of €1700 which is a massive shock. The van has a 3 month warranty with the dealer in the UK although they're saying it doesn't cover abroad - I need to double check of course.
My question is do injectors just go like that?
Or would faulty injectors have not been picked up in a service?
Thanks
J

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
They dont just GO as you call it and most likely if that is indeed the case its not all 4 but garages tend to just do all 4 to avoid any potential return visits and there is usually something that has made them fail bad fuel whatever but having said that your engine is a ford engine most likely and the ford injectors are more prone to failure than peugeot ones

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@relaible406 Thanks for your answer. So would the wear of the injectors not be picked up in a service?
I've turned the engine on today and the error lights have not come back on, is that normal?
How do you avoid 'bad' fuel?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No a service is just an oil change and filters i doubt your injectors are really your issue and even if they are its more likely just 1
Bad injectors generally make the car harder to start and run rough i bought a 407 last week it starts but runs rough at idle once revved its fine it has 2 bad injectors.

As for the bad fuel this was just a possible reason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts