Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deffo much noisier. Not so much the normal diesel engine sound but more of a noise when accelrating....

Looked under bonnet. There is an engine cover on but it seems more like a thin sort of thing. I was expecting to see a larger plastic cover with Peugeot on. (Obviously first time I've opened the bonnet).

Anyone got a pic of theirs?

Reason I suspect they already caused me to breakdown within 100 yards by not reconnecting the diesel feed correctly after the service. Nice one. So it would not surprise me if someone forgot to put the cover back on.

Other than - any other reason? Surely all they would have done is changed oil/air filter etc?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
If it's a 1.6 I would guess that the air filter cover hasn't been replaced properly. There are three locating lugs at the back of the cover which go into slots, these can be overlooked resulting in a chuffing noise from the air.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's a 1.6 I would guess that the air filter cover hasn't been replaced properly. There are three locating lugs at the back of the cover which go into slots, these can be overlooked resulting in a chuffing noise from the air.
Thanks. Not sure if its a chuffing noise more like a more meat engine noise but I will check.

After they "forgot" to reconnect the diesel feed properly, resulting in me driving 100 yards, engine cut out, diesel all over the road etc I'd put nothing past them.

Obviously, not going there again!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Is this the air filter?

Does it look like its not been fitted back correctly? Hmmm
Yes that's the air filter, held on with the 3 screws at the front. At the rear of the cover there are 3 retaining lugs which fit into slots, these have to be inserted first and then the front screws fitted. It's not obvious from the pictures but I'm just going on my experiences with a 207SW I used to own, the engine sounded much louder because the lugs weren't in the slots. If you can get your fingers round the back you may be able to feel if the lugs are in the slots or it may be worth removing the cover just to check. Just an idea, a small gap makes a big difference to the sound of the engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that's the air filter, held on with the 3 screws at the front. At the rear of the cover there are 3 retaining lugs which fit into slots, these have to be inserted first and then the front screws fitted. It's not obvious from the pictures but I'm just going on my experiences with a 207SW I used to own, the engine sounded much louder because the lugs weren't in the slots. If you can get your fingers round the back you may be able to feel if the lugs are in the slots or it may be worth removing the cover just to check.
Thanks. Its pretty tight - can't get my hand behind there to check the lugs.... I guess I might have to undo the screws....

I can deffo see something "inside" (looks pink and flat) which is worrying because I thought it'd be sealed too. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Thanks. Its pretty tight - can't get my hand behind there to check the lugs.... I guess I might have to undo the screws....

I can deffo see something "inside" (looks pink and flat) which is worrying because I thought it'd be sealed too. Hmmmm.
Doesn't sound like it's closed properly to me then, I don't think you should be able to see the filter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I sent those pics to garage who have admitted that "OK it might not be fitted back properly".

Complete bunch of idiots...

Their solution "bring it back we'll sort it". Yeh right I'll waste more of my time pointing out your mistakes.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Is this a Peugeot main dealer?

I would guess the workshop apprentice was given this one to " service "

If it was a Peugeot main dealer then contact Peugeot customer service via & email & point out the issues you have had including the pictures plus the fact the car broke down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this a Peugeot main dealer?

I would guess the workshop apprentice was given this one to " service "

If it was a Peugeot main dealer then contact Peugeot customer service via & email & point out the issues you have had including the pictures plus the fact the car broke down.
No its an independent garage. In they been very good so not sure whats happened here.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Here's a picture of the air filter assembly from Servicebox, you will see the 3 slots I'm referring to on the bottom part at the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Should have mentioned the other issue I had when I picked the car up.

Drove 100 yards and engine stop. Someone had forgotten to reconnect the diesel feed. Diesel all over the road, inside the engine bay etc. Anyway, they sorted that (thought it was funny!)

So I sent the guy a pic of the air filter yesterday and all he could say is "Oh yeh, bring it back in".

Mega hassles for me to do this. I dread to think what else they've done wrong with this service based on what I've seen so far. I'm not sure if I want them anywhere near the car.

I am considering maybe paying for another service somewhere else. I have no confidence its been done properly.

Legally, where do I stand? Personally, I'd like a refund because the work hasn't even come close to being of a decent standard.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Air filter, indeed, should be partly visible since its edge is kind a seal between lower and upper parts of the housing. But, try to pay attention on junctions between air intake pipes/hoses.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts