Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have a 2016 308 Allure (2.0 BlueHDI for what it's worth). Half a year back the issue started happening with bluetooth where I turn on Spotify (or anything else) and when I switch to Bluetooth source in Media, it's just silent. No sound whatsoever. The phone is saying it's playing the song or whatever but I can't hear anything. The phone calls work during this time. Usually it's fixed by turning the engine off and on again, but it's getting quite annoying. I use iPhone 11...

Can confirm the following whenever this issue happens:
  • The volume is all the way up on both the phone and in-car stereo
  • No media streaming whatsoever. I can't hear a Spotify song, YouTube video, or sound notifications of incoming messages on WhatsApp or something like that, which you usually hear
  • Phone call/accept call works without any issues
  • The phone is correctly connected with the car - media, internet and phone options checked
  • No issues with phone's bluetooth, I have it working completely fine with my other bluetooth devices like a JBL speaker, and it works on my girlfriend's 2016 Citroen C4 (pretty similar media unit if not the same)

Current fix:
  • Turn the engine off and on again
  • It sometimes work - sometimes doesn't, so I occasionally need to re-do it all over again

I have tried the following with no luck:
  • Completely removed phone from car's bluetooth ("forget device") and reconnected, several times
  • Connected a different iPhone and different Android phone to the car - same issue
  • Reset the media unit to factory settings
  • Tried reconnecting a phone with ONLY Media option (without phone and internet)

Did anyone have a similar issue? I've been thinking of going to the shop to get this sorted, but I want to see if there's someone else with the same issue....

·
Registered
300 Posts
What firmware version are you on? You can check if you hold down the top right cog icon for 5 seconds - a pop up should appear which will show map version, blue tooth version, display version and firmware. It may be linked to the version that you have installed possibly - latest version for the SMEG+ unit is 5.43 - which is on the MAP update thread that its pinned to the top of this forum. I was initially going to suggest it may be an issue with IPHONE security settings but then you say you have the same issue with ANDROID streaming. It could be a power saving issue on your phone's settings perhaps? I haven't tried streaming my phone as a media device so I can perhaps have to have a play at weekend and see what's what?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts