Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Gals. Joe here and new to the forum. I just bought a used 2016 308 GTI 270bhp with 30K Kilometers on it. Let me first say I love this thing! Pocket Rocket! I have previously owned turbo cars before (SRT, Subaru,..) and did my some of the upgrades myself. This thing is bone stock. I am looking for an upgrade to the Blow off valve for starters. I have Googled, searched..found nothing that shows exactly for this engine/year etc. Also, where the hell is it located? I have looked around the compartment but do not see it. If anyone has upgraded theirs or could point me in the right direction on where to find it/purchase an upgrade, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know about fitting them, but I found you one on ebay: Forge Uprated Bypass (Dump) Valve For Mini R56 Cooper S / JCW & Peugeot 308 GTI | eBay

Very pricey though, you may get them cheaper elsewhere. I had a dump valve in my 406 2.0 turbo about 15 years ago, always regretted never having another petrol turbo to fit one to. EVERYONE will notice if you get a good one. A lot better than the embarrassing "ooooh" owl noise the local VAG chavs make.

EDIT: also try Ecosse and Pug1Off.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Why bother with chavtastic sounding dump valves on a modern turbocharged engine like this?

All its gonna do is put the engine management warning light on & / or put it in to restricted performance / limp home mode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here mate just below the airintake box its rather big cylinder shape cant miss it View attachment 90527 View attachment 90528
Awesome Man. Thanks. I found this on e-bay. Is this the dump valve/Spacer (aka Noise maker)? Looks like it would fit right between the solenoid which is right next to the dump valve that you showed me. Would this work together with the dumpvalve? Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome Man. Thanks. I found this on e-bay. Is this the dump valve/Spacer (aka Noise maker)? Looks like it would fit right between the solenoid which is right next to the dump valve that you showed me. Would this work together with the dumpvalve? Thanks again for your help!
Helps if I add a pic..

·
Registered
45 Posts
It should do does it say it will definitely fit the gti270 there are very limited after market parts for this car. As someone said GFB do one for this car that I know definitely fits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts