Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moring all,
I have had this 308 since the car was 12 months old, It had 12000. mile on it, This morning the wife phoned me up saying she has had to pull over as there appered to be white smoke coming from exhaust. So i got on my motorcycle and went to investigate. Checked all fluids, no oil in water, no water in oil etc. The car has been serviced at a main Peugoet dealer from new, Its done 41,000 miles and we have just come back from a weeks holiday down in South Devon, I live in Telford about three and a half hours drive depending on trafic. I started the car up and let it run for a couple of minuets reved it up a couple of times all seemed fine, Although it did produce an ackred smell, But not smoke, I then followed her to work which was only about two miles all seemed ok. Is this normal ie regen as its not done this before. Have been very happy with car otherwise, Apart from suppension being a bit sea sick ish when going over 50mph, and not much rear leg room, But as i said very happy otherwise.

·
Registered
121 Posts
White smoke is never normal from an exhaust, not in any sizeable quantity at least! Not to question you but is your wife absolutely sure it was coming from your car and not one nearby? You probably could benefit from having a diagnostic run to make sure everything is okay.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
8,440 Posts
You can sometimes get some white smoke during a DPF regen.

Also if it's a blueHDI there have been reports of white smoke and smell when the urea/NOx injector fails or sticks open dumping excess adblue into the exhaust

1 - 3 of 3 Posts