Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Since its been getting cold outside my van has started to smoke in the mornings. It is a whiteish/greyish smoke for maybe the first 5 or so minutes of driving. There is no coolant loss over time so I think it must be unburnt fuel. I have just replaced the air filter and have a new fuel filter to put in tonight as I have no idea when the last time they were done. I've also chucked some wynns formula gold diesel treatment into the tank to hopefully give the injectors a clean if it is related there. Anyone had this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds a lot like condensation i the exhaust. If theres no coolant loss, then head gasket is not the problem.
Unburned Diesel causes black smoke, and oil burning blue smoke.

Im pretty sure its just condensation in the exhaust. Almost every car smokes a bit when coldstart/running for less than 10 min.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds a lot like condensation i the exhaust. If theres no coolant loss, then head gasket is not the problem.
Unburned Diesel causes black smoke, and oil burning blue smoke.

Im pretty sure its just condensation in the exhaust. Almost every car smokes a bit when coldstart/running for less than 10 min.
That was my first thought but it’s far to thick to be just steam/condensation. It lingers in the air unlike your usual condensation and there is a slight diesel smell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts