Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’ve got an interesting issue that I can’t diagnose. Planning to get to a garage tomorrow, but thought I see if anyone here had some ideas. I noticed a constant drip of water coming from the middle of the underside of the car. I’ve got under the car to have a look and take a pic of where it’s leaking from and a video too. It only appears to happen when the car is on. The fluid is clear, but odourless. I’ve tested some of the AdBlue from the tank and it’s got a very strong ammonia smell so I don’t think it’s that and the washer fluid is blue and strong smelling. My best guess is that it’s just rain water caught up in the underside of the car, but it’s a bit odd that it only occurs when the engine is running. I’ve tried searching for what the plastic hole could be but I haven’t had much joy. No warnings lights as of yet and the car is running fine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
It will be the air conditioning drain hole.

It's perfectly normal to see clear liquid under the car. Basically running the air conditioning system causes water to be formed & it needs to be drained away to the outside of the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That makes a lot of sense! I was hoping it was going to be one of those “today I learned”situations. Just tested with and without the air con on. It’s exactly that. Thank you, both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts