Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2014 508 NAV 1.6 . All seems to be good except that every time I go over a bump or a divot in the road, the back end seems to slew side ways for a second as soon as the back wheel hits Wot ever it is. It seems as if I’ve momentarily hit ice or oil. It’s very noticeable for anyone in the back. 4 wheel alignment done twice now ( been out both times) new tyres on front, and car up on a ramp ....nothing broken . The only thing my mechanic did point out was that the rear wheels both seem to be pointing inwards at a slight angle even from the naked aye, the don’t look as if they line up with the front. I told the tyre place this and they said it was the shape of the car. ( I think this is rubbish).....anyone any ideas?....please.......

·
Registered
938 Posts
Post up the results of the wheel alignment.... that would help. Also have a look at your dampers, seized dampers can do all sorts of weird handling issues.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just in case you're not aware all four wheels on the 508 are adjustable although you may well find that the nuts on the rear are two tight to move. If you can get in there with some WD in advance of doing any adjustments that might help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts