Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i need a tow bar for my 2014 308 hatch, I believe some will fit without
drilling the body, I am capable of bolting one on myself however I understand
there is reprograming of the electrics to do, any advice please, I will probably
go for a detatchable type,

regards john

· Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Have a look under the back. Is there a gap for the tow bar to fit through? Certainly on the SW there is no gap whatsoever, and a cut into the bumper is unavoidable. It can't be seen unless you lie on the floor though. Have a look at the towbar manufacturers websites, all have the fitting instructions available to download, and these will show if a cut is required, and how big.

Regarding the electrics, it depends on what you want.

With 7 pin electrics you can use a bypass relay (a modern one will not pull more than the 10ma limit set by Peugeot) and leave it at that. The programming will turn off the car rear fog light if the trailer is attached and disable the rear parking sensor. The latter you can do with a touch of the SMEG screen.

But you can also buy the purpose made wiring harness from Peugeot for both 7 and 13 pin electrics.

· Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Check out the various tow bar manufacturers though, some fit better than others.
I fitted a Thule bar to my 2010 308SW and it was fine, but just had a Tow-Trust one fitted to the Allure SW and it hangs down so much it hits the deck on any larger bump. Still trying to get the manufacturer to sort it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.