Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...
I've got a 2014 308 here that has come back from a repair from September. Oil pumps, timing belts, all that changed. It's currently at around 64k miles and after the repair I've noticed a few problems.
1. Whenever I start the car, there's a message that shows OIL OK. It's barely ever showing anymore, but the dipstick says that it's perfectly fine. Topped up and normal colour.
2. It drives quite different. I don't know how to explain it, but it feels like it has lost like a bit of horsepower after the repair. It also likes to hog the 2nd gear and literally does not change from it when I give more acceleration. I need to let go of it for the gear to change.
3. I got the car on 2019 Christmas Eve. After a few months I had realised alot of signs that it might have been in a major accident without me knowing. Some things are unaligned, missing paint at some areas, and there's a painted on number under the hood. I was not told that this car had been in an accident when I bought it from a 2nd hand dealer, and I have looked everywhere and seen that I didn't sign any papers regarding it too.

I believe that's it. Please help me out with these 3 points and it would really really help.

·
Registered
867 Posts
1. It's telling you that the oil level is ok. If the manual measurement agrees, I don't see any issues.

2. Was it timed correctly? Might be worth checking, along with any possible codes that are stored.

3. Not sure what anyone can do. Have you spoken to the dealer? Did you run an HPI check? If everything checks out, you can run a Vcheck basic to see if it has gone through any salvage auctions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. It's telling you that the oil level is ok. If the manual measurement agrees, I don't see any issues.

2. Was it timed correctly? Might be worth checking, along with any possible codes that are stored.

3. Not sure what anyone can do. Have you spoken to the dealer? Did you run an HPI check? If everything checks out, you can run a Vcheck basic to see if it has gone through any salvage auctions.
Thanks alot,
I believe it was timed correctly although they only did it once, Ill go back to them so they can time it a few times again. And I was planning to get a check soon, as I don't want to be driving a car that has had a major accident in the past if you know what I mean. Thanks for the reply mate!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.