Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 308 1.2 GT line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Could anyone give me advice on a clutch pedal sticking on return? Its about 2 inch from the top and seems to work fine otherwise. Clutch is fully releasing before the pedal sticks.

I read somewhere this can be a worn ball on the cylinder but is this in the foot-well or gearbox? Is it an easy DIY fix or not as the local dealer wants £90 just to assess it?

No sign of noise, slipping or fluid leaks.

Cheers

·
Registered
2017 308 1.2 GT line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Managed to fix it.

The pedal link to master cylinder was all crudded up. Brushed off with a paint brush and sprayed with wd40. Good as new now ?

·
Registered
2017 308 1.2 GT line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spoke too soon lol. Issue started again so I have replaced the pedal link clip (£11.50) but found the master cylinder ball that connects to the pedal to be severly worn.

Does anybody know if an extended warranty will cover the cylinder? Peugeot quoted £120 plus vat just for the part but I've found a a valeo one online for £50 so might try that.

Also, should the cylinder be replaced for free as surely the ball at the end shouldnt wear out after 3 years and 48000 miles?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 308 1.2 GT line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update... Peugeot are fitting a new master cylinder under the extended warranty I have as the ball has worn so badly. They also said there was TSB to replace this but mine obviously hadn't been done ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had mine done last year on a recall.
Took them 3 days from putting it in, and them ordering the parts etc and fitting it.

I did get a tank of fuel as an apology, and a shaky video of what they did.
Bits of car all over the place

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I think I may be having the same problem with my 2014 plate 308, 1.6hdi. I have been quoted £1400 to take my gear box out to change clutch!!
Has there been a model recall for this issue and how's best to confirm same issue, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
979 Posts
There is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for the clutch master cylinder. You need to ask your Peugeot dealer whether your car is subject to the TSB.

The clutch M/C was replaced on my car FOC but the car was under four years old at the time. You'll have to see whether a) it is subject to the TSB and b) whether they'll still do the change FOC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
pedal link clip

Hi ric.galthen I seem to have the same problem, ive changed the master cylinder but the emptiness of the top 2 inches of the clutch pedal is still there, do you have a picture of the link clip and was it easy to remove and refit?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
Just had my car serviced and they have replaced some part of the clutch pedal as a recall.

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
In my case he certainly said it was something on the clutch pedal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts