Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly for towbar electrics?
Hi Paul, not the towbar electrics as they are connected at front passenger side and a full loom supplied with oem peugoet electrics, that's what I was fitting lol. The oem towbar are electrics are fitted on rear drivers side too. Thanks for help though!

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm just in the process of fitting the OE wiring kit and towbar on my C5. That goes up into the LH rear so it was worth a shot!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely mate! Bar some basics I'm still learning. Still trying to work out how to enable the towbar with diagbox...

·
Registered
696 Posts
According to SEDRE but from what your saying it must have been changed

but connection IC81 : passenger compartment harness interconnection with caravan attachment harness

connection IC87 : passenger compartment harness interconnection with number plate light harness

screen-shot-03-26-18-at-09-56-.jpg

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I found a similar connector in my SW. Never did find out what it was for. But it did contain a permanent 12v feed which was used to power the bypass relay for my cheapy tow bar electrics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was originally hopeful it was for a 12 volt accessory socket but the connector is all wrong; that said I bought the towbar loom from peugoet and they said there were alternatives but the one they gave me was the only one they could get. Unless an alternative does use it and Paul is right!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Peugeot list two looms in Service Box, one for 7 pin socket and one for 13 pin. Well that's what I found for my car.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was originally hopeful it was for a 12 volt accessory socket ...
I was similarly very disappointed that there is only one accessory socket on the Active SW and even then it is ignition controlled so, last year, I fitted another one in the boot area where there is already a blanking plug.

I had also hoped that the wiring would be present but sadly it wasn't and I ended up taking a feed right through to the battery with a separate fuse there. I would have taken it to the fusebox but (apart from it not being the same as in the handbook!) it's in such a godawful place I was unable get decent access to it. I dread the day I have to replace a fuse there.

...and Paul is right!
Don't applaud, just throw money. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts