Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Boxer and some of the instrument panel lights are coming on dimly and I feel sure that this is a fault of the panel rather than the lights indicating a real fault elsewhere. The lights are:

The seat belt warning and the bulb failure lights show dimly all the time the vehicle is being driven.

When the Cruise Control is set, the Immobiliser light shows faintly as well.

The vehicle drives well, with no strange noises or vibrations and of course no bulbs have failed and the seat belt was being worn.

The vehicle is still under warranty and I will be taking it in to the dealers, but has anyone any ideas as to causes and cures? (I like to be as informed a possible when talking to dealers)

Thanks ............. Michael

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Likely to be a poor earth connection so volts from lit bulbs are earthing through other non active bulbs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wynb

Thanks for the suggestion, I am taking the van into Robins and Day next week and will report back with their findings.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I took the van in to Robins and Day Stockport and they changed the instrument panel. Early days yet, but the problem with the spurious lights seems to have gone away.

R&D did not say exactly what the problem was, so I do not know for sure if it was a faulty earth, or something else.

The van continues to drive well, with no difficulty starting, or running.

·
Registered
6 Posts
instrument cluster warning lights glow

Just noticed instrument warning lights for door open and seat belt warning glow dimly. this is on a 2015 boxer motor home.is this a common fault on the cluster? Had same problem on a ford ka/ fiat 500. New cluster cured problem on ka.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts