Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some help please. Just bought a 207 Sportium for my son and my word the Clarion set up is complicated however it refers to the use of a USB connection so does anyone have any ideas how this works. I cant fine a port anywhere so how does this work.

The Clarion is an NX501E.

Another question, does anyone know what the long slot is for, its above the ashtray and next to the door lock button

·
Registered
165 Posts
...Just bought a 207 Sportium for my son and my word the Clarion set up is complicated.....The Clarion is an NX501E
Clarion is not a standard fitment. Just think for a moment how many different stereos you can fit to a car....

So this is not a Peugeot question. It's a Clarion question and you'll find the answer on a forum for Clarion.

Another question, does anyone know what the long slot is for, its above the ashtray and next to the door lock button
Sounds like someone has taken something out. Post a photo and let's see it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
according to all of the research which I have done you are incorrect for example see below. This was taken from the Honest John website which gives specification on most models and makes of vehicle

All 207 Sportium models come equipped with the latest Clarion Multi-media Navigation Unit which includes USB and Bluetooth connectivity. The unit is also capable of DVD and video playback when the vehicle is stationary. The full USB / iPod / iPhone connectivity enables a portable MP3 player or iPod to be connected to the vehicle and the built-in Parrot Bluetooth allows hands-free phone calls to be made and received by the driver.

Its interesting that there have been other posts on this matter as well although not related to the usb function so in spite of your rather dismissive answer my question still stands. Does anyone know of the usb connectivity or was this port another option that is not standard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are two very thick manuals with the system however the car does have a standard manual which talks about another system which presumably was fitted to other models within the range.

I have now found the USB connection. Its on a lead inside the glove box which is plumbed into the car so now I am a happy bunny:D

·
6,276 Posts
I think the clarion was a retro fit as part of a special edition pack as the clarion does not appear to be officially listed as a head unit on any 207 in servicebox

1 - 6 of 6 Posts