Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,dont know whether im in right place so i apologize if im not.
I have a 2012 expert 2.0 HDI euro 5 engine timing belt snapped on start up sounds like rockers have broken is there any manual around to help me strip top of engine down Haynes haven't published one yet

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Going on the posts by Reliable 406 you need to replace the timing belt, start the engine to get it hot then remove the injectors and rocker cover then replace any broken rockers, back together and off you go. This is assuming it is a PSA engine. Engine might even be OK.
Can all be done in 2½ hrs but in reality if it was me with my limited skills I would be allowing a week and of course this is assuming the injectors will come out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi guys,dont know whether im in right place so i apologize if im not.
I have a 2012 expert 2.0 HDI euro 5 engine timing belt snapped on start up sounds like rockers have broken is there any manual around to help me strip top of engine down Haynes haven't published one yet
its probably an rhk engine, if so the injectors usually are not as bad to remove as the pre 07 engines. basically remove the belt,rocker cover, injectors and cam housing. not really difficult just a lot of bolts.

·
Registered
15,113 Posts
Engines DO start with broken rockers and this is the easiest way to get stubborn injectors out without damaging them but as salster says the later engines had a bit more clearance so injectors will generally come out ok its just LOTS of bolts.

The spill pipes and injector pipes all need to be replaced in the correct order take your time and its not a hard engine to fix take pics as you go so you remember correct order.

1 thing that can go wrong is you can get the alloy top part of head off without removing the fuel pump but when you replace it it can pull down the pumps sealing gasket with it resulting in an oil leak so best to remove the pumps fuel and vacuum to avoid this issue otherwise its just a case of taking your time.

RHR engines in 307 407 etc are essentially the same thing so you might find some info online for them if you want pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts