Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

My 3008 has a problem with low fuel pressure. Diagnostic done by local garage. They did preliminary tests and then said would have to take whole engine apart to find problem but don't really wanna deal with it at all as it's a ball ache. Called local Peugeot dealer who said this sounds unnecessary and they can fix within 2 days but I've no idea how much this is gonna cost me. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Any idea how much it's gonna cost as I know dealers charge silly money??
Any advice or suggestions welcome.
Thanks

·
5,980 Posts
That does sound excessive. We need more info relating to the fault to be more accurate as to the problem. Did it just not start, cut out etc. Is it petrol or diesel.

Low fuel pressure faults can be anything from a blocked fuel filter or loose fuel pipe connection through to a failed fuel pump or even cam belt snapping. The first two are a couple of hours work through to belt failure a couple of days work

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem started with all the engine lights coming on. Car had to be towed to garage cuz would start then cut out after couple seconds. Garage checked fuel pump, sensor and one other thing that i can't remember! Don't know if that's enough info

·
5,980 Posts
If its running OK and just cutting out every so often (possibly when accelerating). I would get the fuel filter changed first any competent mechanic should be able to do that

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sound like fuel filter, nobody ever changes them.
£25 for the filter and about 30 minutes to fit so must be worth a try.
Mine needs changing about every 25k.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
windy, i wish it was as simple as the fuel filter. It's not cutting out every now and then.. its starting then cutting out after 2 seconds or so, so its not even driveable

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

Just had diagnostic done by local garage - def low fuel pressure and they have a 3-stage solution:

1. change fuel pressure sensor
2. change high pressure pump
3. change injector(s)

Fuel filter's been changed already so car driveable but only just.

Does this sound about right??

·
5,980 Posts
Which engine size is the car. If 1.6 fuel pipes are known to rub on the back of the engine and can introduce air giving low fuel pressure.

A good diagnostic should be able to narrow down the issue, you need to know fuel pressure when cranking and running/driving, correction factors for injectors when running and possibly a leak off test to highlight any injector issues based on above diagnosis info. Also worth checking the pressure regulator on the pump

The list of repairs is a usual we don't really know what the fault is and lets throw parts at it until it fixed

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Garages always overlook the obvious low pressure faults can be caused by air leaks into the fuel lines on 1.6 engine cars this is well known issue and any good indy would check this first.

It really depends on the EXACT wording of the faults as you can get low pressure faults before the pump this is caused by above mentioned leaks.

low pressure in the rail can be caused by injectors even 1 bad injector is enough to affect rail pressure its rarely the pump its also rarely all 4 injectors !

There is NO in tank pump the engine pump lifts the fuel from the tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts