Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 207 Sportium

Hello. I'm new to forums so sorry if this is posted i the wrong area.

I've recently purchased a 2012 207 Sportium that has a Clarion NX501ER installed. I like the system but the radio reception is awful and as good as the SatNav is, it's dated and on a number of roads around my area it's giving incorrect speed limits and road layouts.

I was looking to get a new system installed but I'm receiving conflicting information with regards to the steering wheel controls.

Can anyone confirm if when installing a new system, do you need a new cable for the steering wheel controls to work correctly?

My knowledge of cars and audio systems is pretty much non-existent so don't want somewhere like Halfords to take me for all they can get if it's not required.

In terms of a new system, any recommendations? Looking for something that I can use Apple CarPlay on and preferably something that has a decent screen as the Clarion doesn't handle well in direct sunlight.

Appreciate all/any help.

·
5,674 Posts
You will need a specific interface for the controls and display based on what unit you fit. You could update firmware and softwarexon existing unit to get updated maps etc

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will need a specific interface for the controls and display based on what unit you fit. You could update firmware and softwarexon existing unit to get updated maps etc

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. That's where I'm getting confused as according to my local Halfords the interface is generic and no longer available.

I've updated the Firmware/Software using the files on the Clarion website but the maps are still pretty dated as I found out over the weekend by following the route into a hospital car park lol.

If anyone knows of anywhere else the software is available, I'd really appreciate a link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts