Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi could someone help please?? showing low pressure fault so I've taken to replace the fuel rail sensor...have striped out battery/ battery box as much ducting and pipe work as possible but still can't see or get my finger near the switch without looking with a mirror.. just want to know if iam going in at this the wrong direction??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by a low pressure fault is engine running ?
hi I've have had the van plugged in but can't remember exactly the codes but it was showing fuel rail pressure sensor - low pressure..ive got a new sensor so the problem I now have is that with the location of the fuel rail being in below everything at the back of the engine and just checking if anyone would know the right approach to get at it

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Im still not convinced your doing the right thing does the van run ?

low pressure fault is a bit vauge if the rail pressure is low it does not mean the sensor is faulty hence the question does the van run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im still not convinced your doing the right thing does the van run ?

low pressure fault is a bit vauge if the rail pressure is low it does not mean the sensor is faulty hence the question does the van run.
yeah it will run in limp mode with the engine management on. I can reset the codes go a short drive and boom limp mode with sometimes with the small ! on the dash with the engine management light.. I've checked and changed everything else I can think of before heading for the sensor:confused:

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Have you actually checked the live data readings from the sensor as this will tell you if its faulty without trying to get at it there are many things that can cause low fuel pressure it does not mean the sensor is faulty it means the pressure is low :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you actually checked the live data readings from the sensor as this will tell you if its faulty without trying to get at it there are many things that can cause low fuel pressure it does not mean the sensor is faulty it means the pressure is low :)
no I just had a friend plug it in with.... please tell me he hasn't sent me in there for no reason::::eek::mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts