Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2011 Peugeot Partner tepee wheelchair accessible. It has trouble codes p1434 & p1435 saying that I have a can bus comms failure with additive ecu or additive pump failure. I've replaced additive tank & pump , but still get codes back, I am unable to communicate with the additive ecu, Do you know where the ecu is or is there another quick fix like a dodgy fuse that you know about ?? I'm using Launch x431 Master for diagnostics, Many Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No comms with Additive Ecu fixed

The trigger wire from the pump (the pink one) I traced back, and about 2 feet along it changes from pink to red, it was the connection that peugeot made between the pink and red that failed, it had water ingress and had turned green with mold, cut it out, made the connection good and "voila" we had comms, I had to put the old pump/tank back on because the new one needed coding before it will be recognized by the ecu, I couldn't do this with Launch X431, but hay ho, at least I have a spare for when the pump really does fail

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Classic example of read codes replace parts needlessly you should ALWAYS check wiring first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did check the wiring first, I had voltage and continuity, but lost voltage when it was plugged into the pump, which lead me to the pump, but it was the connection being just about good enough when tested but not good enough when plugged in, a difficult one.
I only posted in case anyone else had a similar problem, as there wasn't anything on here similar before I fixed it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
trigger wire from the pump (the pink one)
i also have this annoying P1434 code. i have verified that the motor spins when the car starts up but not sure if it has enough voltage to continue to operate.

i assume the trigger wire traces to the front of the car. i have three wire plug with red, yellow and black (from memory). is the red wire the trigger wire?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i also have this annoying P1434 code. i have verified that the motor spins when the car starts up but not sure if it has enough voltage to continue to operate.

i assume the trigger wire traces to the front of the car. i have three wire plug with red, yellow and black (from memory). is the red wire the trigger wire?
Hi From Memory it is the red one, My partner is a wheelchair conversion so the additive box was moved to the front, but it definitely connected to a red wire from the pink one that came from the fluid resevoir

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi From Memory it is the red one, My partner is a wheelchair conversion so the additive box was moved to the front, but it definitely connected to a red wire from the pink one that came from the fluid resevoir
Great, I'll have to get under the card and check it out. Do you happen to know how much voltage I should expect to get on the trigger wire?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem same tepee wheelchair. Connection wires going from pump to where so i can have look to . 10 garage visit no luck. Please help. Thx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts