Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hoping someone can help identify the cause of my following issue.

I have a 2011 Peugeot Expert L1 Diesel - 2.0 HDi Professional Van that has developed a whirring noise which becomes more audible at speeds of 50mph & above. First thoughts are that it was dry / worn front wheel bearings but having had them both replaced the whirring noise remains.

Best description of the whirring noise I can offer is that it sounds just like a hotpoint washing machine in spin dry cycle with an uneven load. As I increase speed the rough dry bearing type noise resonates faster and is even more apparent when I apply accelleration. The whirring noise can still be heard to a lesser degree if I put the gears in neutral and take my foot of the clutch and let the van coast along at speed.

I'm convinced its a worn bearing somewhere, but where....a driveshaft, gearbox, differential, clutch etc ?

Have spoken to my local garage & nearest Peugeot dealership but neither can offer guarranteed fix with out going through a process of elimination by replacing parts at my expence !

Anyone who's experienced similar issues your thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
Check the bearing in the drivers side driveshaft it fits into rear lower engine mount area and i have seen them get noisy in past you might need the shaft out to be sure if its duff or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts