Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks the fuel gauge on my van has started dropping to empty and flashing the empty light when more than half full. It does recover and read normally when I am not accelerating but the moment I start accelerating again it drops straight to empty again. I'm guessing that the tank pump is cutting in and out as I accelerate and coast and this is affected ting the level sender as it is a single unit in the tank. Has anyone come across this before is there a fix other than a new unit at £280 according to Peugeot. Also an advice on removing the collar on the tank mine seems extremely tight thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok folks got the tank sender out and tested but working exactly as it should 30 ohms when full and 300 when empty so it's something else. someone on here must have come across this or similar and have some advice? Anyone?

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Its more likely a wiring issue and when you accelerate the wiring is moving causing the connection to break but measure the resistance on the sender at half way and move it around a little as sometimes the unit wears at 1 section causing the problem.

The empty reading automatically puts the light on and if you disconnect the sender the same will happen so it does seem like wiring to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi reliable406 thanks for the reply. I have been through the loom up until it disappears into the fuse board and BSI on sure what to do next

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Disconnect the wiring for the sender at the tank, wire in a [approx] 150 ohm resistor to get your 1/2 tank reading and take it for a spin and see if the reading still drops when accelerating. If it does, it is a wiring/connection issue.

If it stays steady, re plug the sender in and do another test to see if it starts dropping again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts