Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I want to replace the battery in my 2011 508 (1.6 HDI non-start/stop) as I'm getting 'economy mode activated'. Which reading a few posts means the battery is on its last legs.

I have two questions:

1 -
I'm a little confused about the spec I need to get for my car, as most of the batteries that are suitable say they have start/stop technology. Clearly I don't need that for my car. Like this one for example: Halfords 096AGM Start/Stop AGM 12V Car Battery 5 Year Guarantee | Halfords UK

Does anyone know the spec I need purchase please?

2 -
I hear I need to complete a BSI Reset when completing a battery change. Does anyone have any instructions on how to complete this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Adam
2011 Peugeot 508 1.6 HDI (non-start/stop) Saloon

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi All,

I want to replace the battery in my 2011 508 (1.6 HDI non-start/stop) as I'm getting 'economy mode activated'. Which reading a few posts means the battery is on its last legs.

I have two questions:

1 -
I'm a little confused about the spec I need to get for my car, as most of the batteries that are suitable say they have start/stop technology. Clearly I don't need that for my car. Like this one for example: Halfords 096AGM Start/Stop AGM 12V Car Battery 5 Year Guarantee | Halfords UK

Does anyone know the spec I need purchase please?

2 -
I hear I need to complete a BSI Reset when completing a battery change. Does anyone have any instructions on how to complete this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Adam
2011 Peugeot 508 1.6 HDI (non-start/stop) Saloon
Try Tayna batteries for price, just changed mine to Bosch S5 for same reason.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought a battery from these guys last year. Very happy with the next day delivery and price. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a foxwell code reader and it does other stuff but didn't find anything on battery reset or BSI, so i just put it in there. Have not been anywhere in it out to test out if it goes into economy mode quickly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm more looking for spec of battery and BSI information if you have it.
Would you not just replace like for like with your cars current battery specs? When you type your cars reg no in the link I gave, what spec do they recommend?

Sorry, I can't help with the BSI info.

Hope you get it sorted. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Before disconnecting: wait two minutes after switching off the ignition, close windows and doors before disconnecting.
After reconnecting: switch on ignition and wait one minute before starting to allow systems to wake up.
If you have problems: contact a Peugeot dealer. You must réinitialise the remote, sunroof and sat nav
Remote: switch off ignition, press a button on remote at once, switch on
Sunroof blind: fully open it. When it is fully open immediately press the dial for at least three seconds.
I couldn’t find anything about the sat nav in my book.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts