Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. first post here on the forums, really hope someone can help me out with an issue I'm having!

Last August I went to start my car (1.6 diesel) and two warnings came up on the display - anti-pollution faulty and electric circut fault, all the usual lights came on, the radio came on but the car would not start. It wouldn't even turn over! I rang my garage and they said someone would be out to tow the carthe following morning. Later on that evening I went and tried to start the car, just to see if anything would happen and it started no problem. I brought it to the garage the following day anyway for it to be put on the diagnostic computer, there was a log of the faults and they reset and updated the caomputer in the car.

This appeared to solve the problem, until a few days later it all happened again, the car started fine a few minutes later and I've had no problems since then until this morning.

Now its giving the sane error and the car will not start at all. I'm at a complete loss everyone, if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update - Just tried to start the car again and the display now says its in economy mode, car still wont start... Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I brought it to the garage the following day anyway for it to be put on the diagnostic computer, there was a log of the faults and they reset and updated the caomputer in the car.

This appeared to solve the problem, until a few days later it all happened again, the car started fine a few minutes later and I've had no problems since then until this morning.
I'd consider using another garage. Clearing the fault codes simply stops the warnings for a short time, to stop them coming back they should have repaired the fault.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'd consider using another garage. Clearing the fault codes simply stops the warnings for a short time, to stop them coming back they should have repaired the fault.
Also the garage should of give you print out of the codes registered in each moduale

POST THE CODES UP ? IF YOU HAVE A PRINT OUT :nod:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts