Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
My car won't start, it seems like the battery is flat as it cranks over slowly for a few seconds then stops all together, the battery is only 18 months old though.
I was wondering though if anyone knew what this message was that displays on the central display above the radio :
"Internal vehicle error. Interaction with the vehicle is not possible at the moment"
It only comes up for a split second then disappears, I had to film in on my phone and pause the video it to read it all, can't find anything on a google search.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,157 Posts
HI ....I would get the battery voltage checked first..you may have a flat battery ...you will find a low voltage can show many errors...Has the car been used regulary ....let us know...ps welcome to the forum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Hello and welcome
if you have the chance try to jump start the car ..if it starts ...well you have your answer..it might be your bat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tested the battery with a multimeter and it was 12.1 volts. Apparently 12.6 is good / fully charged and 11.9 is pretty low and won't start a car, I can put it on charge next week when the weather is better. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Yes those readings would give you far too low cranking speed to start, the message is because the battery is to low to communicate with the ecu and as mentioned above once a battery goes bad or drops low all sorts of electrical errors will sound, also as mentioned above we could do with knowing weather your car is driven regularly or has been sitting around or lightly used as if the battery is dropping for no apparent reason then there will be an issue somewhere that is either draining the battery which in turn doesn’t give enough power to start or simply the battery is knackered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the last 3 months ive only driven it about once a week for a short drive to supermarket (3 or 4 minutes). The battery is only 18 months old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Then it probably just needs a good charge overnight and all will be well. What I mean is by probably is you can’t always take it that the battery is ok until you have proved it, when you take the battery off to charge follow the 3 minute rule which you will find by typing exactly that in the forums search bar just to be safe otherwise you risk having a whole lot more issues.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top