Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All, my first post here so please be gentle...

We have a loyal 308 1.6 109hp 6 spd diesel, owned 9.5 years or so, now done 93k miles.

Noticed last few days that revs are rising when under heavy throttle in 4/5/6th gear - typically creeping from 2-2500 k on the dial then dropping back as the clutch "catches up" i guess. Not really noticeable in 1/2/3rd and still holds rpm on eg steeper climbs in 3rd

So i think we are in the early stages of end of clutch life span..?

I always maintain all my cars to spec and time , service annually etc, this was my wifes car and then passed to my son, having bought a mint T9 GT Line for the missus.

I have 4 cars in the "fleet" so am keen to maintain properly but at a sensible cost where possible. I have two pals who are long served tenchnicians (non PSA) so i hope to "assist" one of them with the job

I got told today by an Ebay based supplier that my car had an "external" clutch slave and hence i didnt need a CSC - but having watched a Youtube fit, just to get a few ideas of subframe, removal order etc, i reckon mine is same and does have a CSC (internal) . Have also since discovered that the EBay based clutch retailer have the most shocking reviews so clearly dodged that bullet....

Anyone got hints who to go to for a clutch kit.....so far it seems a full LUK boxed kit with DMF and all bolts plus CSC is a good bet at circa £370 ?

Any help greatly appreciated, and anyone had experience of "Partsinmotion" ? They list as above, keen prices, so i plan to ring them for advice.

Finally what is broad time for the job assuming use of two post lift ?

Thanks in Advance !

Richard

·
Registered
18 Posts
Go to a local motor factor and get a price.
LUK is a good make.
I personally would not use Eurocarparts though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts