Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the problems getting in out I had enjoyed the 3008.

It has now decided to develop a totally random, electrical failure. The only way to correct is, disconnecting the battery waiting an amount of time and then re connecting.

Mainly it is an issue when unlocking, it just flashes once and will not re-lock and everything is dead (boot will not open).

It has also happened when I have turned the ignition, just goes dead.

There seems to be no reasoning behind it. I did have a new battery about 6 months ago and this has only started in the last 3 months.

There are no fault lights showing. I have done a BSi reboot but as there is nothing to clear, I don't know if it has worked.

It did happen once and I just left it and sat in the car, 45 minutes later it sprang back into life but the clock had lost 45 mins!!

This AM car was dead but the door locks would not open, so used key and alarm deployed.

Checked lots of threads but not seeing the lack of fault lights as an issue.

Any Ideas?

·
3,760 Posts
Hi....as a start I would have a look at any earth wire and all the battery terminals are emery paper clean...bad fault that tho....keep in touch....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back.

Having just spent this afternoon in the B&Q car park as it would not start, called the AA.

Just as they arrived, it sprang back into life. The AA very helpful, ran a diagnostic (I had assumed that no fault would be recorded) and it is a short/fault in the BSI.

Not sure what that will mean but at least a place to start.

·
3,760 Posts
HI....thats pants...intermitant faults can cause grey hairs as well,,,lol....I hope you find it ..good luck....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts